Does serving on the congregation council feel like a life-giving part of your discipleship? Or does it feel like you spend most of your time deciding disagreements over pew cushions? Do you work to unleash congregation members’ gifts for the sake of God’s kingdom, or deciding what font you use for Sunday bulletins? There is a better way forward, and this guided retreat will lead you there through a combination of group presentations and individual council time.
The Congregational Vitality Retreat’s purpose is for your council to accomplish and audit and review your current functionality. You will also learn best practices in being a council, leading in stewardship, and launching a strategic plan. You will leave this retreat with:
- a review of the previous year and how the council functioned,
- an understanding of the council’s call to lead and leadership tactics for the coming year,
- an understanding of how stewardship can work in a congregation with goals for moving that forward,
- an understanding of strategic planning and a road map for creating a strategic plan,
- and annual goals to lead to council effectiveness, stewardship, and short-term goals in moving your strategic plan forward.
Mike Ward, CFRE, of GSB Fundraising leads this retreat to help your council focus on the mission God is calling you to in your community. Mike is the author of Abundance: Creating a Culture of Generosity
This retreat is intended for entire church councils to attend together. Space is limited to 6 church councils.
This retreat will be held with the appropriate level of social distancing and health precautions necessary at the time.